How to Make the Perfect Iced Coffee at Home (2 Ways)
We know of two methods to make the most perfect cold coffee you have ever tasted at home, and we are sharing those with you in this post. But, beware, method #2 is a total game changer!
Method #1 – The Slow Iced Coffee Method
Why do we call it the slow method to make perfect, homemade iced coffee?
Because on top of the preparation, you must add up the time it takes to frizz some coffee ice cubes. This part of the process is vital to get good iced coffee – without some watery taste.
- Prepare your espresso.
- Frizz half of your espresso to get coffee ice cubes – it should take one to two hours, depending on your freezer.
- When the coffee ice cubes are done, add them with regular ice cubes to a tall glass.
- Fill three-thirds of the glass with espresso coffee.
- Add one or two spoons of sugar and mix.
- Add milk and cream according to your taste.
- And drink it!
The slow method of preparing homemade iced coffee prevents dilution when you add the ice cubes and wait for the coffee to cool down. But it takes too much time…
Method #2 – The Fast Coffee Chilling Method
Here comes the good one… You can omit the whole frizzing cubes we discussed before by chilling your coffee in less than two minutes. The best of it all? The fast method to cool coffee prevents it from getting diluted, so not to worry!
How do we do this?
First of all, you will need a chiller jar. The good news is it is both affordable and straightforward to use. This is the exact same accessory you use to chill other drinks, like tea, wine, and whiskey.
If you don’t have one yet, you can order the beverage chiller for a few bucks.
Now, let’s go over the process again; only this time, we’ll use the ultimate beverage chiller we’ve been walking about.
- Prepare your espresso as usual.
- Pour the espresso into the coffee chiller jar and wait for only one minute.
- Add a few ice cubes to your tall glass.
- Fill the glass with your chilled espresso coffee.
- Add sugar, milk, and cream as per your taste.
- And drink it!
As simple as that, you’ve got a non-diluted, delicious iced coffee in less than two minutes.